I have waited so long to post anything. It's been hard to get back in the shop with the holidays and work.
So here is the lowdown-
-after many Craigslist searches I found a good pair of CB1100F external reservoir shocks, which I blasted and will repaint.
-Side covers from a 81(ish) CB750, which fit nearly perfect to my Kawasaki 550 tank.
-I machined my bar mounts and gauge mounts off the upper triple tree as I want to mount mini gauges and tuck them close to the tree.
-I finished my internal shock mod. To lower the front end 3".
-I got my VRod headlight mounted.
-I for my first manly tool box I can put stickers on.
So still have Lots to do, but with some time and energy she will be ready to ride by the time the sun warms the lake!
This is what I've been doing alot of in the time meantime...